More sophisticated cyber attacks and increased regulation – including the imminent arrival of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – will expose organisations to large fines and reputational damage, unless they can get their house in order.
GDPR is the biggest change to European Union privacy law in 20 years. The aim is to make regulations around data protection and the rights of the consumer fit-for-purpose in the 21st century. It’s the responsibility of every organisation that collects, processes and stores personal information to have a compliance plan in place by May 25, 2018, when enforcement begins.
Consultancy services from McDonnell IT include:
- Devising IT architecture for managing and securing data used in transactions with suppliers/partners/ customers
- Confidence in where data resides and what you need to do to safeguard it
- Implementing new records management and data management practices
- Embedding security and compliance into your business
- Building transparency into the business to show how data is collected, processed and shared
- Defining processes and procedures in the event of a data breach
- Encryption and Encrypted back ups
To chat to a specialist contact (044) 9672855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org